Just a quick update on the VU meter clock.
I got around to painting it the other day. The matte black (just the cheapest plain Rustoleum cans) came out incredibly well. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a paint job come out this well.
I've also been working on the new designs for the meter readouts. I tried to do this in illustrator, but I wanted to position text accurately against an arc, and I was having a really difficult time of making it precise. I figured I already had a model of the meter in Solidworks, so why not do it there. So that's what I did. This sketch is horrendous, but it worked great.